PC Games Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Buffy, The Matchmaker

Go down

Buffy, The Matchmaker  Empty Buffy, The Matchmaker

Post  xinyuntian01 Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:46 am

At any price less than $ 210., this is a Queer as Folk complete series on dvd bargain, since 7 seasons at 30. would cost that.It is even worth MORE than 7 seperate seasons just for saving me the shelf space.I have never watched ANY show or movie more than once, I hate repeats, but I have watched Buffy re-runs on tv every morning for years. I am thrilled to not have to see any more FX commercials to watch BTVS.If the price bothers you: watch it on tv, wait for the price to come down, buy it used, or buy the individual seasons from all the people that are trying to get rid of them. But like I said, this set seems like a deal to The Unit series all seasons on dvd me.I did pre-order the set at the lower price, I look at it as a benefit for early commitment to amazon rather than shopping for the best deal, sometimes loyalty pays off.
I won't go into depth regarding the series. Let's just say I am a fan, and order The Unit 1-4 episodes have been since season one. I really do miss the show, and while it plays every day on several channels here in re-runs....I felt that I wanted the collection on DVD. Just to enjoy the House MD dvd boxset 1-6 great picture and sound quality.So, is this edition available in Canada? I don't know. I have not been able to find it. However, I do want to pass on this tip. You can find seasons 1-6 bundled together for $199 Cnd or less. I just purchased them for $169 Cnd. Added season 7 for $50 and so for $219 Cnd, I had the full set.I bought it at Futureshop. The set is available online from FS and BestBuy in Canada. However, I tried ordering through both and never did get it shipped. Eventually I purchased it in store at one of the FS's that had the season 1-6 set in stock. Again, for $169 Cnd.Amazon.ca does not show the full 1-7 set or 1-6 set as a sales item. That's too bad for them, because I would have happily purchased from them.
I finally bought Buffy on DVD after a huge price drop, and it is worth it. Better buy now if you're interested before it skyrockets again. This set comes in a slip-out box that holds 7 regular sized DVD cases. Each case holds one season with 3-6 discs Smallville season collection 1-9 inside. There is an empty slot for presumably the Bonus features disc, and it is not included with this set. Hardcore fans will be disappointed but personally I don't mind if it means The King of Queens seasons 1-9 boxset an affordable price. My only complaint: Not exactly great quality on an aging TV series. But the point is Buffy isn't THAT old (1997), and I've seen better restorations on way older films. I've only checked the first season so far, but the picture is very grainy, not crisp, and the colors are not bright. It almost reminds you of I Love Lucy seasons boxset VHS. Did they really have Cold Case dvd complete set to cram 3 audio tracks on each disc? That helps bring down the CSI Miami 1-8 set collection image quality on these. Why not make a separate French DVD set for the people who want it, and let everyone get a better quality release.
I won't go into depth regarding the series. Let's just say I am a fan, and have been since season one. I really do miss the show, buy Veronica Mars series boxset and while it plays every day on several channels here in re-runs....I felt that I wanted the collection on DVD. Just to enjoy the great picture and sound quality.So, is this edition available in Canada? I don't know. I have not been able to find it. However, I do want to pass on this tip. You can buy Friday Night Lights complete set find seasons 1-6 bundled together for $199 True Blood boxset Cnd or less. I just purchased them for $169 Cnd. Added season 7 for $50 and so for $219 Cnd, I had the full set.I bought it at Futureshop. The set is available online from FS and BestBuy in Canada. However, I tried ordering through both and never did get it shipped. Eventually I purchased it in store at one of the FS's that had the season 1-6 set in stock. Again, for $169 Cnd.Amazon.ca does not show the full 1-7 set or 1-6 30 Rock dvd seasons set as a sales item. That's too bad for them, because I would have happily purchased from them.
I would suggest this series to anyone of any age from 17 on up. Props to the writers and producers first and foremost, and they couldn't have selected a better cast in front of the camera. This series is a far strecth from the movie, so please if you think the movie is the model you'd be mistaken. Desperate Housewives collection dvd 1-6 This series is so well done in every catergory that it's more like reading a well written series of novels except you watch it CSI Miami 1-8 complete seasons instead of read it. Don't let the series title fool you, Buffy The Vampire Slayer is a fav of mine and if given the chance it will draw you in as Leverage season 1-2 well, guarnteed!!!!

xinyuntian01

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum