PC Games Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"You're Just A Girl...."

Go down

"You're Just A Girl...."  Empty "You're Just A Girl...."

Post  xinyuntian01 Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:48 am

Being a long time fan of the Scrubs box set complete show and not having owned any of the single season Queer as Folk 1-5 series dvd dvd releases, this set was a nice buy for me. I will admit I was a bit nervous about the purchase after reading several unsatisfied reviews about smashed cases, smashes boxes, scratched dvdsso on and so forth... I am pleased to report that when it came in the mail the box was in mint condition, none of the discs were scratched and i am through the first season with zero problems. I am very pleased with my purchase. note: I generally only buy widescreen movies on account of the tv I have. This set not Smallville 1-9 dvd box set being wide screen doesn't bother me like some of the others who have reviewed poorly.
Well. I'm an adult (over 40). I am a practical, sensible person. (This qualifier is for non-fans -- fans will not be surprised that smart adults Grey's Anatomy box set for sale love Buffy)And I LOVE Buffy the Vampire Slayer with a passion. There is nothing that has ever been on TV before or since that is as good. I Desperate Housewives boxset seasons 1-6 was not a fan of vampires/supernatural or sci-fi/fantasy before Buffy. If you like funny, intelligent, touching, amazing TV that is worth watching over and over... Then just buy the series. But make sure your spouse is also Buffy tolerant... You will probably become addicted. Favorite episodes: (in no particular order)(season= #)Hush (4), Family (5), Once More With Feeling (6), Becoming part 1&2 (2), Prophecy Girl (1), Lies my Parents Told me (7) and Potential (7), and Earshot (3). (many more -- but those are all amazing _and_ I love them)Best Episodes: most of the above and "The Body (5)" -- which is so truly touching and spot on -- but so very painful it can't be a favorite (too close to home for me). It is however, one of the best episodes of the entire 7 year series -- a series that also includes "The Gift (5) in that same season.Characters: I love Faith, Tara, Spike, Dawn and for some strange reason, Johnathan... as well as Buffy...Worst episode: Doublemeat Grey's Anatomy collection 1-7 boxset Palace (6)- Still has some funny lines, but really Joss and co. ... Were you asleep?? Gross, depressing and dumb. I'm also not really a fan of Normal Six Feet Under collection seasons 1-5 Again (6) or the Pack (1)...Apart from that... Buffy Rocks. Oh and it generated a spin off that is almost as good... Angel is great, but darker than Buffy. If you like that too, check out Firefly/Serenity for more Joss Whedon genius. Firefly and Serenity are very sale The Golden Girls seasons different than Buffy and Angel. The Closer 1-5 collection They are set in the far future and not supernatural in Law and Order SVU box set 1-11 nature. (space western)Thanks For Letting Me Cheer!
Being a long time fan of the show and not having owned any of the single season dvd releases, this set was a nice buy for me. I will admit I was a bit nervous about the purchase after reading all seasons of The Shield dvd set several unsatisfied reviews about smashed cases, smashes boxes, scratched dvdsso on and so forth... I am pleased to report that when it came in the mail the box was in mint condition, none of the discs were scratched and i am through the first season with zero problems. I am very pleased with my buy Friday Night Lights 1-4 episodes purchase. note: I generally only Sanctuary seasons 1-2 complete buy widescreen movies on account of the tv I have. This set not being wide screen doesn't bother me like some of the others who have reviewed poorly.
When I first heard there was going to be a show entitled "Buffy the Vampire Slayer," I, like everyone else i knew, laughed and thought about how ridiculous that sounded. i never watched it, until, that is, I got my tonsils out two years ago and was forced Weeds 1-6 series box set to stay home during the day. I channel surfed past the WB and saw the most beautiful man i had ever seen in my life. Chisled cheek bones, bleached hair, long leather duster....my very fantasies come to life....but what WAS this show? i watched the entire show and by the end was hooked. i bought the first season the very next day. i never looked back.But a few Bones boxset 1-5 collection months ago i was forced to sell all seven seasons to pay the rent. (life's tough all over, right?) yesterday, my Brothers & Sisters seasons series 1-4 mother asked what i wanted for christmas (don't go oner $200, please) and guess what i answered.....can't wait to get it.

xinyuntian01

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum